Hello and welcome to my blog!
At the age of thirty and as the wife of one and mother of two, I find it time to reflect on where I have been and determine where I want to go... both in life and in travels. This blog will explore my past experiences and hopefully journey with you on new and exciting ones.
I will not bore you with a lenthy diatribe regarding my previous travels, but I do want to provide a little background as far as where I have been and what I have done. So here it goes:
1. United States of America- This is where I was born, raised and currently reside. I was born in Quincy, Illinois, and after a long absence, I find myself living here again for the time being. I have not yet been to all 50 states, but I am working on it.
Here are the states I have been to so far: Maine, Massachusettes, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, DC, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Lousiana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and California.
2. Mexico- Despite the drug violence that has been ravaging this country, I love Mexico. I have been to Cancun, the Mayan Riviera, Coxumel, Mexico City, and Puerto Vallarta.
3. Canada- I think Canadians are some of the nicest people in the world. During my time in Toronto, Calgary, Salmon Arm, Sun Peaks, and Vancouver with my husband, Canadians went out of their way to make us welcome and do nice things for us. For example, a bartender at an Irish pub bought us free drinks because we were visitors and a lady in a subway clothing store sewed up a hole in my sweater for no charge. How nice is that!
4. Dominican Republic- My husband and I went to Punta Cana for our Honeymoon. VERY WINDY, but nice!
5. Jamaica- I went to Jamaica on a Fam Trip when I was working as a travel agent. The people were nice, and the environment was beautiful.
6. The Bahamas- I have been to Nassau a couple of times on cruises.
7. Cayman Islands- I have been to Grand Cayman a few times on cruises. The snorkeling is wonderful, and Sting Ray City is a must see! I have also been to Hell and back here Marriott Elite members should also check out the Marriott resort there if they are looking for a pool/beach day.
8. Honduras- We went to Isla Roatan on a cruise stop. It was BEAUTIFUL!
9. Belize- I would warn tourists to stay away from Belize City
10. Bermuda- I loved Bermuda. It was a very unique place.
11. Ireland- Of course Ireand was green, and lush and full of Guiness. I loved it! We went to Cork, Cobh, and Blarney.
12. England- I had a quick tour of London, so I did not get to experience it much. Very crowded and lots of traffic.
13. France- We went to Paris for a weekend and Rouen in a separate trip. I LOVED Rouen. Paris was nice too, but expensive!
14. The Netherlands- Amsterdam for one night by myself. A nice city. Iwoudl like to visit again.
15. Estonia- I loved the feel of Estonia. Very eclectic.
16. Russia- I studied abroad in St. Petersburg. It is a BEAUTIFUL city with wonderful people, after you get past the rough exterior.
17. The Ukraine- Layover...
18. Germany- I loved Germany. Yummy food, zer gut bier! We went to Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich, and Garmisch. The Zugspitz is amazing!
19. Austria- We had to do the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg. We also did the Salt Mine Tour.
20. Switzerland- Just drove through...
21. Lichtenstein- Stopped here for lunch. Cute little country
22. Italy- Venice... very touristy. We got ripped off
23. Spain- Toured the country in highschool. Loved it.. especially Toledo and Sevilla.
24. Portugal- Layover...
25. Morocco- Just a day trip. Quite an experience. Rode a camel!
26. Armenia- Layover...
27. Azerbaijan- Layover...
28. Uzbekistan- Worked in Karshi in the south of the country. Very nice and colorful people. Visited Bukhara and Samarkand.
29. Afghanistan- Worked in Bagram and Kandahar on military bases. Very arid, but beautiful mountains near Kabul.
30. Kyrgyzstan- Beaufiful city of Bishkek. Amazing mountain view, and very nice and colorful people and culture.
31. Kuwait- Hot.
32. Iraq- Hot. Lived at Saddam International for a while in the Army during 2003. Country was simply left to deteriorate with no investement in infrastructure during Saddam's rule. Very supportive people.
33. United Arab Emirates- Lived in Dubai. Amazing city of the future. Money-hungry environment. Huge income disparity between rich locals and immigrant workers.
34. Finland- Short visit before I went to Russia. Nice country. Didn't see any reindeer
35. Turkey- Layover...
Well, that's all for now! Hopefully, I will add more notches to my belt in the years to come... I'll keep you posted!